The good people at Cruse have asked me to tell you all about their new appeal, which will enable them to support bereaved children. Of course, I am delighted to do so.
What is the Big Hug Appeal?
For those struggling to cope with the loss of a loved one, the cold, dark days of winter can be especially hard. In particular, it is children who can most keenly feel this absence and the lack of a warming winter hug from someone they love can at times seem unbearable. It is at points like these that vulnerable young people can need extra support, and Cruse Bereavement Care exists to provide free, accessible care to any child that wants it.
As the UK’s leading child bereavement charity, Cruse provides:
- Face to face care to over 2,500 young people every year.
- Advice and support over a freephone helpline
- Informative website: www.rd4u.org.uk, which includes a moderated messageboard
- Information for carers, schools and parents, including the ‘ask the experts’ DVD
- The ‘Every Bereaved Child Matters’ project, which aims to expand the services available to bereaved young people across England.
This winter, our ‘Big Hug’ appeal aims to raise funds to sustain this vital work and ensure that every bereaved child has access to support. We can’t replace their lost hugs, but with your help we can restore their faith in those yet to come.
How can I help?
As a charity, Cruse relies on public donations in order to provide its services for free. Your donations, however large or small, will help us to support children through the difficult winter months and ensure that they reach the spring with hope in their hearts and a brighter future in front of them. To find out more, please visit www.thebighug.org.uk, where you can donate and leave messages to show your support to the thousands of bereaved children across the country who will be grieving this winter.
For more information please contact the fundraising team at email@example.com or 0208 939 9547.