Welcome to the Good Funeral Guide
The Good Funeral Guide is your trusted, independent, not-for-profit information resource for funeral advice.
We are here to help you arrange the funeral you want.
The Good Funeral Guide will help you
- if you are arranging a funeral for someone now
- get ready for your own funeral
We’ll show you how to
- make good choices
- get best value for money
- find the best suppliers of services and merchandise
- create a funeral you’re proud of
We know who the good guys are
- Check out our recommended funeral directors – all of them have been rigorously inspected.
- Organise a funeral the 21st century way using the online booking site Funeralbooker
- Browse the excellent price-value comparison website Your Funeral Choice here.
- Buy a coffin online from trustworthy suppliers
- Find an alternative hearse
Arranging a funeral now? Before you do anything else:
- A bad funeral cannot be fixed. So read, print and give a copy of this to everyone involved: First Things First
- Check out: Your legal rights and responsibilities
- Shop around. Think twice before using a Co-operative Funeralcare or Dignity PLC funeral director. They cost more than we think they should.
We’re here for you, not them
We’re the consumer group that stands clear of the funeral industry. That’s what makes us different.
We earn no money from advertising or commissions. We’re not in a commercial relationship with anybody. We’re skint and proud of it.
That’s why you can trust us. We are free to say exactly what we think – and we do.
Find out more about what the Good Funeral Guide does and doesn’t do here: What we don’t do
Buy your copy of our e-book ‘Adventures in Funeralworld’, the best of the GFG blog 2008 – 2015 here.
If you want to be involved then you can be – join The Good Funeral Guild here
The GFG Prepaid Funeral Plan
In partnership with Open Prepaid Funeral Plans Ltd we now offer our own prepaid funeral plan. It is radically innovative and offers unrivalled empowerment and value for money to people wanting to ringfence money for their funeral. Find out more about the GFGPlan here.