Welcome to the Good Funeral Guide
The Good Funeral Guide is your trusted, independent, not-for-profit information resource. We are here to help you arrange the funeral you want.
The Good Funeral Guide will help you
- arrange a funeral for someone now
- get ready for your own funeral
We’ll show you how to
- make good choices
- get best value for money
- find the best suppliers of services and merchandise
- create a funeral you’re proud of
We know who the good guys are
- Check out our recommended funeral directors – all of them have been rigorously inspected
- Browse the brand new price-value comparison website Funeral Choice here.
- Buy a coffin online from trustworthy suppliers
- Find an alternative hearse
Before you do anything else
A bad funeral cannot be fixed. So read, print and give a copy of this to everyone involved: First Things First
Check out: Your legal rights and responsibilities
Shop around. Think twice before using a Co-operative Funeralcare or Dignity plc funeral director. They cost more than we think they should.
We’re here for you, not them
We’re the consumer group that stands clear of the funeral industry. That’s what makes us different.
We earn no money from advertising or commissions. We’re not in a commercial relationship with anybody. We’re skint and proud of it.
That’s why you can trust us. We are free to say exactly what we think – and we do.
Find out more about what the Good Funeral Guide does and doesn’t do here: What we don’t do
Send us an email or ring: 01527 595 358 / 07557 684 515. We’re here for you.
You need to support us…
The Good Funeral Guide is a labour of love not a nice little earner. If you find our website helpful please consider making a donation to keep us going. If you do it’ll really help — just a £1 or £2. We can find good uses for more of course!